In addition to competitive wages, salaries, and advancement opportunities, WLSSD offers eligible employees a wide range of benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance—We provide high quality health care benefit plan choices to meet your family's needs.
- Retirement & Savings programs—We offer programs to help our employees save for retirement.
- Pension: All eligible WLSSD employees contribute to a pension through the Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA). Membership in PERA is automatic. Employee contributions are supplemented by WLSSD dollars.
- Deferred Compensation: Employees have options to set aside money for retirement, and defer taxes from savings until retirement. When eligible, employees may also receive employer contributions in the plan.
- Flexible Benefits Plan—We provide a plan that allows you to set money aside, on a pre-tax basis, to cover day care and un-reimbursed medical expenses.
- Life Insurance—We provide employer-paid basic life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance. Additional coverage is available for employee purchase.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance—We provide employer paid coverage to eligible employees.
- Wellness program—WLSSD's program focuses your overall health and wellness—includes health club reimbursements, smoking cessation assistance, employee assistance, and more.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Days
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Training opportunities